Monday, July 23, 2007

The Man Speaks

You're so beautiful, my darling,
so beautiful, and your dove eyes are veiled
By your hair as it flows and shimmers,
like a flock of goats in the distance
streaming down a hillside in the sunshine.
Your smile is generous and full---
expressive and strong and clean,
Your lips are jewel red,
your mouth elegant and inviting,
your veiled cheeks soft and radiant.
The smooth, lithe lines of your neck
command notice---all heads turn in awe and admiration!
Your breasts are like fawns,
twins of a gazelle, grazing among the first spring flowers.

The sweet, fragrant curves of your body,
the soft, spiced contours of your flesh
Invite me, and I come. I stay
until dawn breathes its light and night slips away.
You're beautiful from head to tow, my dear love,
beautiful beyond compare, absolutely flawless.

--Song of Solomon

2 comments:

Unknown said...

lol, I thought I recognized this... and then thought "plagarism"-- until I saw the author. ;)

astairesteps said...

That's funny! (And, you're good!)